February 2017 Traffic Report of North District of Tainan City
Statistics by the Fifth Precinct of Tainan City Police Department
263 accidents occurred in North District in February, 2017.
314 people were hurt in 218 cases and “only property damage” was reported in 45 cases.
Statistics of accidents by the time they occur:
1. 0800-1200: 82 cases occurred during this period of time, accounting for 31% of the number of the total accidents in February.
2. 1600-2000: 64 cases happened during these hours, accounting for 24% of the number of the total accidents in February.
Main cause of accidents: commuters rush on the roads and violate the traffic regulations.
Statistics by the intersections where accidents occur (in the descending order)
1. Intersection of Guangyuan South Road and Fubei Street
2. Intersection of Section 4, Simen Road and Sec. 2, Heiwei Road
3. Intersection of Section 1, Jhonghua North Road and Wunhsian Road
4. Intersection of Section 1, Beian Road and Yusian Street
Statistics by causes of events (in the descending order)
1. Failing to yield the right of way: 52 cases, accounting for 19% of the number of
the total accidents in February.
2. Failing to pay attention to the situation ahead: 47 cases, accounting for 17% of
the number of the total accidents in February.
3. Failing to follow traffic signs, markings, or signals, or the directions given by
traffic officers: 28 cases, accounting for 11% of the number of the total
accidents in February.
Remember to respect right-of-away.
1. Follow the directions given by traffic officers while passing the intersection.
2. Follow signals, signs or markings.
3. Vehicles going straight have the priority of right of way.
In order to ensure you and all the others’ safety, we would like to suggest you to leave home earlier and drive safely. Do not rush. No need to hurry. Always follow traffic signals and obey traffic rules. Be sure to keep a safe distance. It’s too late to regret or make any compensations once the accidents occur. Cherish your life and others’. Cherish your family. Let us work together to ensure the road traffic safety.
The Fifth Precinct of Tainan City Police Department.